The simple definition is that dehydration is defined as a lack of water in the skin, while dryness is a lack of oil in the skin.
Dehydration is a skin condition and not your skin type. The good news is that you can easily improve it with a good skincare routine, which must include regular exfoliation.
Every day hundreds of thousands of skin cells die. But not all these dead cells are shed and instead they form a layer on the surface of your skin. This layer blocks the penetration and efficacy of the products you use and can lead to signs of dehydration: a dull complexion; flaky skin; increased lines around your eyes and nose.
Removing this dead layer of skin, with regular exfoliation and applying deeply hydrating products will ease the symptoms of dehydration. You will soon notice a healthier dewier glow.
Dryness is a genetic skin type whereby your skin is lacking in ceramides (oils). People with dry skin also tend to have dryness in other parts of their body, such as the eyes, lips and hands. They are also more prone to skin conditions such as flaky scalp and eczema.
If you have dry skin, your skin is less able to produce oils and so you will need to use serums and creams with a higher content of lipid-rich oils.
Understanding whether your skin type is dry, or whether your skin condition is dehydrated will enable you to choose the right products. Let us try and help you!
OPENING ACT – overnight resurfacing serum
- The most important step in your skincare routine
- Gently exfoliates and removes cellular debris
- Enables other products to penetrate better & deeper into the skin
- Optimises cellular regeneration, for newer, fresher cells
- Ideal for all skin types and people feeling dehydrated
RESCUE DIVER – hydrating serum
- A fresh gel-serum, providing skin with long-lasting hydration
- Packed with super-hydrators and water-retaining ingredients
- Plumps skin and reduces fine lines
- Keeps moisture levels intact
- Ideal for oily, normal and combination skin types who are feeling dehydrated
SMOOTH PLAYER – Line smoothing serum
- Tackles both dehydration and dryness
- Formulated with hydrating ingredients and lipid-rich oils
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Smoothes skin tone and radiance
- Ideal for normal and combination skin types who are feeling dehydrated
FIRM CONVICTION – firming serum
- Provides deep hydration
- Light-weight formula which will not overload your skin
- Balances and controls oily shine
- Long-term action on skin elasticity and firmness
- Ideal for oily skin which is also dehydrated
SKIN MEDITATION – anti stress serum
- Provides nourishment and comfort
- High content of lipid-rich oils to sooth and calm
- Rebuilds skin’s lipid barrier
- Supports skin’s immune system
- Ideal for dry skin which is also dehydrated
If you are not sure which serum is the best one for your skin type and your skin condition, please fill out your Skin Profile here and we will provide you with a Serum System recommendation.